Friday, August 1, 2008

How Can I Resist Ya?

Tonight I saw Mama Mia for the second time in the theatre (don't you like that spelling better - it sounds so proper). A gal in my little town went to see Hairspray last year with 40 women and had a goal to top that number. I like a girl who sets goals for herself, so me and some of my 50 closest friends went to to theater tonight. I love this musical, even though it has some pretty warped morals in it. How can you not love this music. Plus, you can't ever go wrong with a little Colin Firth. He is not my "type" but Mr. Darcy does something for me in Pride and Prejudice and Bridget Jones, two of my all-time favorites.



Plus, watching Pierce try to sing and be sexy is the type of laughter that truly brings tears to your eyes. I think I enjoyed the movie even better the second time.

Anyway, this also reminds me of seeing this Broadway play when it came to Salt Lake City at the Capitol Theatre. We went with Kim and Aaron and Gina and Brad. I'm not quite sure who took this picture, but if you need some photography tips from them, I can hook you up.



If you have seen the movie in the theater (or should I say theatre) and see the spastic few at the end that get up and get down at the end of the movie, that would have been us at the Broadway show. One of my favorite memories from this, besides acting like crazed teenagers, was that we were sitting next to my dad's new business partner that we had never met and didn't know it. He later asked my dad, "Was that your daughter with the disco ball earrings?" Good times. I also particulary enjoyed Mike's creative use of some temple pants from the DI. Who says temple pants can't be added into your wardrobe now and then. It is a very underestimated article of clothing. Lastly, forgive my getup. When you are carrying a few extra pounds, dressing up in certain genres is a pretty lofty goal. I just like to be proud I am not wearing a sequined piece of fruit on my shirt. I thought this was a "couple of years ago" but according to the time stamp on this picture it was 5/26/03 or more than five years ago. Crazy.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Nice post. This movie makes me so happy. I think I may have to add it to my life in weekly or at least monthly doses.

Herms said...

Love the bright flash in the mirror, looks like Kim is a SUPERSTAR!