1. Sam has always been very self-regulating. As a toddler he would say, "I'm tired and I think I am ready for bed." How shocking is that to hear from a kid?
2. Sam has always had a sweet disposition. His dad nicknamed him ""Sweet Boy" as a baby.
3. Sam is a great reader and very smart.
4. Sam has an incredible sense of humor and says the funniest things that crack us all up.
5. Sam is very persistent when he wants something. We are thinking we will enjoy this trait a bit more when he is an adult.
6. Sam likes to please us and is a definite peacemaker in the family.
7. Sam recently tested for his black belt in karate.
8. Sam has the cutest smile with cute dimples that he doesn't show me as often as I would like him to.
Lest you think he will be translated next time you check in, he does like to tease his brother and sister, has been known to have a messy room, and when asked to clean will often stash and shove things out of sight rather than put them away.
Sam started his celebration on Saturday night with Chinese food with Grandma and Grandpa S. and Grandma Great (or as Max says, Grandma Grape). Then Grandma made him a chocolate cake with Symphony candy bar on top, which was yummy. Sam got boxing gloves and a punching bag, which he was very excited about.


Today he got his gift from us and had some family up for dinner and cake. His birthday dinner he selected included Salmon (thanks papa for grilling it), cheesey potatoes, carrots, watermelon and homemade rolls (thanks Aaron).


Krissy and Troy made a Batman cake which Sam thought was way cool and Grandma made a marble cake, which is his favorite. He may or may not have had three pieces of cake.
We love our sweet boy and are so happy he is a part of our family. Happy Birthday Sam.
__________________________________________________________________________________
2 comments:
So cute! I can't believe he is eight.
I am laughing so hard at his coat over his head. What a sweet boy! I can't believe how big your kids are!
Post a Comment