Thursday, August 7, 2008

Madeline vs. the Side Walk

The side walk won.











Apparently this is what happens when you are going down a hill on your rollerblades and hit an uneven piece of side walk when it is almost dark outside. One of my favorite conversations at the ER, besides the drunk suicidal guy in intake talking about his diarrhea and asking if the abbreviation for August is "NG" was when I asked the ER doc how long she had to "stay off it." He said, "Does she walk on her hands?" Yes my girl does, every day. She is saddest about missing tumbling camp next week and a dance performance on Saturday. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with her, as she likes to be crazy busy, and unfortunately it was her right arm. She is happiest about having a break from being my slave. Overall, we feel like we came out pretty lucky. Yes, I was with her as Mike would like me to point out to everyone. Look for my parenting seminars coming soon.

Special shout out to Kim and Aaron for taking Sam overnight and my neighbors, Char & Sterling who had the privilege of partying with Max until well after midnight. Lucky for them he had a nice nap at 6:00 p.m. and was good to go all night long.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Welcome to the blog, little Maddie. Even with scrapes and scabs on her face, she is still darling.

katie said...

Oh poor Maddie that really looks painful, we hope you start to feel better. Maybe by telling you that once when I was rollerblading I didn't know how to stop and ran into a mailbox might make you fell better or at least laugh. see you sat.