Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to School

Highlights:

1. Maddie did her own hair. She washed and straight ironed it the night before and it only took her one full hour to create her masterpiece. I stayed out of the way and there were no fights, no tears, and no drama. Halla-freakin-lujah.

2. Sam had to take something to tell about his summer. He took a picture of him testing for his black belt. He said he thinks he scared the kids and he doesn't think anyone will be messing with him this year. Seriously, the best thing about karate is the confidence that it gives him so no one picks on him, and also the confidence to stand up for other kids who are being bullied. Cracked me up that he saw fear in their eyes.

3. It looks like I may have scored a bus pass on the first day of school. Although I enjoy waking up Max to take my kids to school, this process may have been averted in record time. The district's own computer system says we live 1.55 miles away from school. The cut off is 1.5 miles. Still, they say we don't qualify because they can measure from certain angles in certain lights and blah, blah, blah. We usually eventually get a bus pass, but it is a huge ordeal involving phone calls, threats, a little harassment, etc. We will see if the principal really delivers tomorrow morning as promised. If so, hopefully I can get some work done past 8:30 in the morning while sweet Max slumbers into the late morning.
4. Both kids came home with stories about watching out for new kids and inviting them to play.

5. Max trashed the house big time today, but I did get some work done and got my exercise in. It is 8:30 p.m. and I have yet to have a shower, but you can't have it all.

Here are my cute kids with their cute back packs.








No comments: