Monday, August 11, 2008

Going Out In Style

Saturday was Grandpa Duke's funeral. It was a very lovely service. I sang "Oh My Father" with my sisters and my niece, Brooke, with mom accompanying. It was good to see one of the nieces old enough to sing. Pretty soon we can retire or claim to have to "accompany" I think. My dad spoke and gave a beautiful talk. I realize I may be partial, but I think he is one of the best speakers around. My grandpa drove truck for the local cheese factory for 35 years, and my uncle knew who purchased his old truck and was able to locate it. Instead of riding in the hearse, they loaded the casket on the truck and the pallbearers rode in the back of his old pickup truck. I'm sure my grandpa got a big kick out of that, and I imagine him up in heaven telling everyone he knows about it.






No comments: