
In case anyone is wondering, we are alive, just busy. It is no fun to make excuses unless you have someone to blame, and I think I am going to have to go with Maddie. Somehow I agreed to an extreme room makeover Santa style. This involved lots of painting and shopping, all in secret. Pair this with Nutcracker, and I think the blame is fairly placed and justified. We did just have a very relaxing week in St. George. I may have watched Krissy and Kim shake it at 1 in the morning to Baby Got Back, and I may have spent two hours in Target trying on metallic stretchy pants for our yet unplanned Mama Mia party with the girls. It was a nice break for sure.
Christmas Eve was spent at the G house in the Majefstic Theater. The annual nativity scene was a little crazy. My little Max, the wiseman, was horrible. At one point he tackled Joseph and put him in a half Nelson. It was a nice touch for sure. The kids love a tradition Grandpa J started. Last year Luigi visited, but this year his brother Banjo Billy made his debut. The kids get to choose a present and Grandpa tries to tempt them with money, or they can open the gift. The problem is, the kids have learned that Banjo Billy is not capable of lying. Maddie sold out for 16 bucks, Sam got a game, and Max got a large box of beef jerky, which he loved of course. I've learned when it is my turn, you just look at Sue and she shakes her head yes or no. This scored me a spa certificate.





Next up, Christmas morning. Max wanted Geo Trax, Sam asked for a fish tank, and Maddie got her room redone. I seriously had to wake these fools up a little before eight o'clock. I would like to point out the boys' PJs. Anything that has "festive skulls" in the description is a must buy for sure.










We spent Christmas Day with Mike's family. They spoiled the kids rotten. Sam got a rock polisher, Maddie got a I-home for her Ipod and Max got a trucks and a big bucket of dinosaurs, to name a few. We had a nice day with them, and of course I forgot my camera, so I don't have any proof, but you'll have to trust me on it.
Next up - we are going to play a game called "Let's pretend it is still October." Not sure when to expect this, but hopefully sooner than 2-1/2 months, but whose counting anyway!
5 comments:
Wow! Love Maddies room. It was nice to see you guys Christmas eve. Glad you had fun in St George, hopefully we can join you next year.
dude. you had me at stretchy pants. i hope one day I have the lucky honor of seeing those in person. ONE CAN ONLY HOPE!
Maddie's room is AWESOME. we are just starting Grace's room. WHERE OH WHERE did you find her bedding? Grace would LOVE it. Aqua is her color of choice so I MUST KNOW WHERE YOU FOUND THAT! seriously.
joseph in a half-nelson is probably my favorite visual of the whole festive season, or J in the disco wig, so thanks for that.
Very, very nice. There is no shame in months between blog posts. It leaves people wanting more.
As far as Christmas, it appears succesful.
I love Max in his wrestling garb.
I love Maddie's room. You did an amazing job. Can I hire you to come and do my girl's room...better yet, my room??
Cousin, Em
Tara - Sent you an email with the bedding link.
Em - I only wish I was of such quality to be hired. My secret weapon is my neighbor, Char, who owns a home decorating store and pretty well got all the accessories for me and after I selected the bedding and painted the furniture. I highly recommend having a good friend with so much talent.
Post a Comment