This morning I read a post by my brother, Kirk, about a scary Halloween story. I thought, "Sucks to be you." I wasn't anticipating any holiday sickness until at least tomorrow or Sunday from my kids. Little did I know, I am raising a second child who likes to eat themselves sick every holiday.
My scary Halloween story begins on Halloween Eve. We were invited to my parent's ward Halloween party, as they were helping with it. We walked into the church and Mike turned to me and said I don't even like going to my own ward parties why are we going to someone else's? I asked him if he would like to head out, and he said no - the food smells really good. I mean he has a point. Nothing says yummy like 25 crockpots percolating with mystery chili. It is especially fun when it is not your own ward. You can't discretely look for the old skanked out masking tape with a last name that doesn't seem as risky. I mean you have no idea if you are eating the cat lady's chili, or mystery meat hunter's chili, or people who thaw their meat out on the counter for three days. The possibilities are really quite endless. It is very exciting.
Then our kids got to participate in a trunk or treat. This results in them getting a large bag full of candy in 60-90 seconds. It would have taken us two hours to haul that loot in going door to door as kids. They have no idea how good they've got it. Max came home with a very healthy-sized bag of candy. The good stuff. Lots of chocolate.
It is not like we like to procrastinate the pumpkin carving by starting it at 9:00 the night before Halloween, it just seems more festive. Kim was telling me this morning how much she and Aaron enjoyed carving pumpkins at midnight. Good times. Plus, it helps the kids get overtired and cranky. Combined with the overeating, it is a winning combination.
Now that the scene is properly set, Max comes into the kitchen this morning to say he just threw up and then hurls again in the kitchen. I got him in the tub and let Maddie watch him while I was lucky enough to go see what the damage was. The original vomit was in the mudroom right on top of his Hulk Halloween sack filled with a few pieces of discarded candy that didn't make the original cut during his binge fest. Poetic justice at its best. Only the most serious holiday eaters actually throw up right on top of their bag of candy. It takes a special amount of dedication for sure. Only wood, tile, and a rug were involved in this, which is the silver lining. Lest you think eating yourself sick deterred my little Max, after his tub he was trying to locate his stray candy that had not been consumed. Happy Halloween to all of you. Here's hoping there is no round two this weekend and thanks to Kirk for the reminder that vomiting should always be blogged about. Who doesn't like a good vomit story?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
As Alice Cooper sings, "Welcome To My Nightmare..." Or as Jack Skellington sings, "what's this? what's this? there's vomit everywhere!"
Happy Halloween to you as well!
Before you pin the blame on the chocolate binge you might want to ask Mike about thinking the creepy wall spider was a gummy spider...
I hope the little guy is feeling better not only for him but for you to!!
jen! it's card time lady so I need your address!! would you be a gem and email me your digits?
thanks:)
wlganyhoodle@comcast.net
Post a Comment