Monday, July 6, 2009

Lake Powell

Our friends invited us to go to Lake Powell and stay on their houseboat. The Lyman's also joined us which was fun as we haven't been able to spend as much time with them as we would like lately. The owners of the houseboat don't allow kids under 8 to go, and so my parents graciously kept Max. We had so much fun hanging out and relaxing. Maddie got up on water skis and Sam's mouth and nose drank a lot of lake water. The kids had a blast being pulled around on the tube. Mike was captain of the fishermen, and they fished all day long. The most popular bait was definitely Cheez-Its. I mean who doesn't love a Cheez-It? It was so beautiful. I tell you what, it is nice to have friends with some fun toys, that is for sure.

A couple of my parents' favorite moments with Max while we were gone are as follows: My dad was out pitching balls to him. After missing three balls in a row, Max threw his bat down, stomped off and said "I don't have time for this."

His primary teacher had my dad come in and Max made a little picture and note for him. In case you are wondering why Max loves Papa J, it is because "He is cute" and "He lets me sleep at his house while my family goes on trips." He makes it sound like this is a very routine occurrence to be left behind and his grandparents graciously let him sleep there, rather than outside on the cold, hard ground. I'm sure he was wild, but we appreciate my parents taking him so we could go.

In my next life, I am definitely going to go for professional photographer. I got home with a grand total of five photos from the trip. Our friends had a sweet camera that we all enjoyed using to the tune of 1200 pictures. Once I get some copies, I will have to add in some better pictures, or otherwise this blog post will be in "edit" mode for eight months like Max's b-day post from last October, allegedly. Sam's face is not dirty. He got a little sharpie on the face action one night while asleep, which earned him the nickname "Pierre" for the rest of the trip





3 comments:

Kristi said...

I heard that it was a great time. Looks like fun!! BTW...I miss you!! Let me know when we can go for a slushie or somethin.

tara said...

dude. lake powell is still one of my all time favorite places. someone in this family needs a houseboat. and a speed boat. and jet skis.

we'll bring chips.

Jen said...

Kristi - I am a loser neighbor and friend. We need to get together and visit.

Tara - Your comment made me laugh. That is about how I felt. You provide all the stuff and I will bring a fruit plate and of course my sparkling personality.