Monday, July 6, 2009

Max


So - Max is full of it, as usual. He did get a big boy haircut. We finally trimmed off the sides and back. I did leave a swoop of curls on top. I couldn't face "shaving" his head as he requested because he wanted to look like Sam.




Max has taken to calling us Michael and Jenny, not Mom and Dad, and not even Mike and Jen as the rest of the world calls us, but Michael and Jenny. He sounds so funny saying it, I definitely need to get it recorded. He also loves to kiss us on the threehead (as opposed to the fourhead).

The other day he was examining a cabbage patch doll that was naked, and he asked if he could get a tattoo on his butt like the doll had. I hope this is not a sign of things to come. He was quite taken with the idea.

He fell down and scraped his knee the other day and came running to me and said, "Mom, I just hurt my foot elbow." I loved that description.

He was recently in time out for something naughty and Mike went up to get him. He had squirted lotion all over his floor (luckily it is laminate) and was sliding all around in it. Mike cleaned it up and put him back in for another time out. Max said, "But I was just playing hockey."

We were out to dinner and a very suave, nice-looking lad was our waiter. Max said to him, "You look like the guy in the movie who rescues the princess." The waiter got a good laugh out of that.

Our life would be so dull without this little guy. He is the best.


3 comments:

Englebright said...

hahahahaha! I am laughing so hard. A foot elbow!? LOL! What a smart kid!

kg said...

4 posts in one day? I think Max has taken control of your blogger account because there's no way you have the time or energy to post so much.

My 'captcha' is 'bleed' and I can't think of a more fitting word to describe Max's lust for life.

tara said...

oh man those CURLS. max sounds like a good time:)