Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sam Yule

So, I thought I would update what my kids are up to, and I think I will start with the middle child. First, a little anecdote. Sam loves the show Survivor, and a few years ago his favorite player was named Yule. I hadn't really thought of the fact that we had never called him Samuel. I should have just named him Sam, as I don't particularly like the name Samuel, but I like to give my kids options, as my sister "Kim" will tell you. Anyway, someone asked Sam what his middle name was, and he said "Yule." We have been teasing him ever since, since that is the way we roll in our family.

Sam got his first stitches a few weeks ago and his story is quite impressive I think. He was in gym and had just played basketball hard and was hot and tired. He told his friends to see how long he could hold his breath, and apparently he can for about five seconds, not so impressive. It was impressive how he fainted to the ground, split his chin open, and had his face covered in blood. Sam says he heard one of the girls ask if he was dead. Anyway, I got my call from the school and we took Sam and got him stitched up. On the way home from the InstaCare, I was trying to talk to Sam about how we don't know why he would faint that quick, but we don't hold our breath and Sam looked up and me and said, "No duh, mom - I think I figured that out." We did win a ticket to see Pediatric Cardiology however, as he once fainted while running laps in preschool. I think he will be fine, but it will be good to get him all checked out. The damage to the face is minimal, and his dad has a scar in the same location, which they bonded over. This is a picture the day we got the stitches out, as apparently I have issues taking pictures of anything in a timely manner these days.







Sam also got to go to the Red and White scrimmage with his friend, Sam. (Max calls them Two Sams). How on top of it is his mom? She gave us some pictures the next day. Sam had a blast and it was nice of them to take him. He also got to meet some basketball players. I don't know their names, but they are very tall.




Sam has also started baseball, the real kind where they keep score. Should be a good learning experience and fun. He is excited to get going with it. This post has sat in draft form for almost two weeks while I waited to take a picture of him in his uniform. I give up.
Photo above (the one that looks professional) by Melissa E Photography (my talented cousin)

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Jen~This is a cute post. Sam is a great kid. We are having a great time getting to know your family better.

Melissa E Photography said...

Your stop, drop and roll post was hilarious. Those "easy class" kids need a kick in the pants. Or at LEAST a chemical burn!

You are my hero for going back to school.