Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Has he been kicked out yet?

So Max also started school this week. My dad called each day for an update and to see if he had been kicked out of school yet. That is a vote of confidence for sure. Here are his blurry first day of school photos. The second photo has his new blanket and mini pillow Grammy Sue made for him for nap time at school.




Today was day three, and each day has gotten a little better. The first day when we went to pick him up, the director of the school told us he had issues during naptime (what a surprise for us!) I wondered how the director would know who our child was and that he didn't nap. Apparently he must have kept the entire class up. I think the teachers were very thrilled. I asked him if he made any friends, and he said yes. I asked him his friend's name and he said "potato bug." Talk about making your mom want to cry. You make friends with a bug on the playground instead of a human being.
The second day when I went to pick him up, I couldn't find him on the big screen monitor in the lobby, and the director scurried into the classroom to find that he was passed out on his cot in the corner. Apparently he did participate in nap time, just very late. Half the battle is going to be getting used to this new schedule. My kids stay up late and like to sleep in.
Today, he played with human beings instead of bugs, stayed on his cot during nap time and was very excited about his day and his "projects" he was working on and the letter C and its phonetic sound. Hopefully the adjustment will continue and he will enjoy his time in school while I try to enjoy mine as well. Mike picked him up today and I was talking to him on the phone. He sounded so grown up and like such a big boy.

No comments: