Thursday, February 26, 2009

You May Have To Remind Me I Thought This Was a Good Idea!

So, I got a bit of a wild hair in November and decided I wanted to go back to pharmacy school to get my Doctorate of Pharmacy. I actually found out I had most of the courses I needed and would be able to apply this year. I submitted my application on the last day possible in the first part of December and signed up for calculus and anatomy for spring semester. (Hanging out with cadavers is highly overrated. So is taking calculus after not having it for 18 years. Did I mention it has been 21 years since I had trig and most of the "kids" in my class weren't born yet?)

Anyway, last Saturday was my interview. I got a call from the dean late last night and have been accepted to start pharmacy school in the fall. He called kind of late, around 10. Mike and I were screaming and jumping up and down and pretty soon all the kids were up to see what the commotion was. (I like to pretend they were actually asleep, so as not to put my parenting skills into question, so just stay with me here.) My sleep has been dodgy since then. There are quite a few logistics to sort out for us, and I like to have these things settled up. I come by this anxiousness naturally from a gene pool full of anxiety-ridden, lovely people. I'm excited and overwhelmed and am hopeful I still think this is a good idea once I get going on this. I'm also hopeful I can go to sleep tonight. I think I will be tired.

10 comments:

Kim said...

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!

Jen said...

Thank you from one anxiety-ridden person to another.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jen, I love you, hopefully we can get some sleep tonight!

Melissa E Photography said...

WOW! Jen, that is amazing! (And oh so stressful.) You will be great!

Herms said...

That is fantastic!

Really we should celebrate by going somewhere....like Playa del Carmen or something!!

Jen said...

Aaron - I thought you would never ask.

Herms said...

I could be wrong, but i am guessing it was the well articulated and powerful essay questions that tipped the scales in your favor....huh? huh?

stepher said...

That is awesome. Good work!

Brittani said...

Jen CONGRATS I am so excited for you!! Lets get together and celebrate....

Emily said...

That is so awesome. Way to go!!
By the way, I totally hear ya on the anxiety thing...and I thought it was just my family?